Sunday, March 27, 2016

Cathay Pacific F HKG-LAX



Cathay Pacific The Wing First Class Lounge



Additional pictures of this post can be found in the following album


All vacations must come to an end. HKG-LAX was my final long haul leg of my trip.

I have flown almost 16K miles since I started my trip two weeks ago.

Previously, I have flown CX F twice. Once on the 747 and another the 777-300ER. The seat I had this time was one of the refreshed seats, it is not too noticeably different from the old ones. 

The flight had a full load of passengers in F! Unusual for any airline to release last minute awards on a full flight.



The crew I had was based out of LAX.
A Thai lady and a HK gentleman.

I was offered a scallop canape


and you guessed it KRUG


I also informed the crew that I'd be needing them to take pictures =)


I was presented my AESOP amenity kit.


The previous flight that I had (20 months ago) they had a different brand. Now PYE supplies their attire. I like the sharper blue look.


Menus

They are now on a wooden holder. 


I selected different wines to taste


I was offered my basket of bread. It was very good!


Note from the staff. It seems to be a CX thing as I have gotten these on my prior CX flights.


Caviar time


I chose the Chinese option so here's my soup


and main course


Desert (I picked something different as I wasn't sure what I was going to get with the Chinese option)


Midnight snack during desert time


Was offered chocolates and nuts


My bed was then made


I needed the helped of a few strong drinks (Johnny Walker Blue) to get myself a few hours of zzzz...

Fruit and smooth was served 


Dim Sum with Noodles


This ticket cost me 67,5K AA miles. Pre-AA Devaluation pricing. 
(110K post devaluation)



No comments:

Post a Comment